STUDIO POLICES & F.A.Q'S
We understand that getting a first tattoo can be an overwhelming process and you may have lots of questions. Tattoo appointments are scheduled through email and at that time with a non-refundable $160 deposit . ALL DEPOSITS GO TOWARDS THE TOTAL PRICE OF THE TATTOO, IF TATTOO TAKES MULTIPLE SESSIONS, DEPOSIT COMES OFF FINAL APPOINTMENT.
For clients traveling into Orangeville from outside locations, we can arrange long-distance consultations and deposit. We also offer walk-in appointments, if time permits and an artists is available. An artist or staff member will review the aftercare process with you and provide documentation to ensure you leave prepared.
Please note we DO NOT tattoo clients under 18 years of age.
To book an appointment please email [email protected]
How do I schedule an appointment?
- To schedule an appointment email [email protected] Please specify the style of tattoo you would like with and a brief idea of the tattoo you want to get. You will then be scheduled an appointment that works with your schedule and our hours of operation with Sandy. You will leave a non-refundable $160 deposit and have the appropriate appointments scheduled to complete your tattoo. Arrangements can be made for clients that live outside of Orangeville.
- Tattoo appointments when scheduled are only scheduled with a non-refundable $160 deposit is left. ALL DEPOSITS GO TOWARDS THE TOTAL PRICE OF THE TATTOO, IF TATTOO TAKES MULTIPLE SESSIONS, DEPOSIT COMES OFF FINAL APPOINTMENT.
How much will my tattoo cost?
- An estimate of the approximate time required to complete your tattoo will be given to you once booked. Sandy charges by the hour and the cost of a tattoo depends not only on the time required to execute the art on your body, but all the preparations essential in reaching the tattooing stage. The more detailed and customized your art work, the longer the appointment will be resulting in higher costs. As every tattoo has unique needs, we can not give accurate quotes over the phone or internet. Any quotes given prior to the final approval of a drawing by both client and artist, are subject to change at any time. There is a $160 non-refundable deposit If you are wanting the artists to design/draw that will go towards the final tattoo price. On the day of your appointment card payment (Debit,Credit) are accepted.
- The Minimum cost of a tattoo regardless of size is equivalent to 1.5 hours of the hourly rate.
- A minimum of $160 deposit is required for all tattoo appointments. Deposits are used to hold the time slot you have chosen. It’s a guarantee for you that you will be tattooed, and a guarantee for us that you will show up. Deposits will be deducted from the final price of your tattoo once completed, and if the tattoo takes multiple session the deposit comes off the final appointment,. Deposits of are non-refundable. E-Transfers are welcome for deposits if unable to come to the studio. Cancelling No Calls/No Shows will end in forfeit of your deposit and will require another deposit to book again.
- We understand that life happens and you may have to change your tattoo appointments. We require 120 HOURS (5 days) notice to change the date. To cancel an appointment would be to forfeit your deposit. Deposits are non-refundable.
Before You Tattoo?
- While some individuals are more sensitive than others, the act of getting tattooed is generally a painful one. To make the experience as comfortable as possible, we recommend wearing loose fitting clothing and comfortable shoes. Please make sure that you have had a proper meal within one hour prior to receiving your tattoo. We also ask that you refrain from consuming any alcohol for 24 hours prior to your appointment; alcohol is a blood thinner and will cause excessive bleeding during the tattoo process, which is unpleasant for both you and your artist. All That Remains Tattoo Studio reserves the right to refuse service to clients who arrive for their appointment under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and will require an additional deposit to reschedule.
Do you tattoo clients under 18?
- NO, we do not tattoo clients under the age of 18, regardless of parental consent. Our Studio is 18 and over.
How Long Does it Take?
- The time required to complete a tattoo varies by the tattoo itself as well as the client. Some tattoos may not be able to be completed in one sitting, and will require you to come back once the first stage of your tattoo has healed. We suggest that you arrange your appointment for a time when your schedule is free of any conflicts, and you will be able to dedicate as much time as is needed to execute the tattoo and the aftercare that follows.
Do you do walk in tattoos?
- We do accept walk ins if there is time available, but space is limited., and our minimum appointment time is 2 hours. We are mainly an appointment based studio and prefer to work that way to give our clients the best possible work they deserve. While walk in clients are welcome, we can’t guarantee you will be tattooed on the spot. Some tattoos require additional research, art work and consultations with the client.
When do I get to see my Design?
- Sandy does his designing a few days before, day or night before appointment, so you will see your design the night before or in some cases the day your appointment, He does not provide designs weeks before appointment date.
How do I Care for my Tattoo?
- Aftercare instructions will be given to you by your tattoo artist. The most critical stage in the healing process starts immediately upon completion of your tattoo, so please take time to read through the instructions and ask any questions you may have before you leave. It is essential that you follow these instructions carefully, as the biggest factor in how quickly and cleanly your tattoo heals, is you. Occasionally, a tattoo may lose some colour or experience some fading or scabbing during the healing process. On these occasions, any necessary retouching there will be a charge of $100 for all touchups. Any defects in colour or line work due to improper aftercare is not included in your original fee, and you will be charged to retouch the work. Our artists are extremely experienced and can easily identify an improperly healed tattoo from any trauma that might occur during the healing process.
Are there any Risks to getting Tattooed?
- We here at All That Remains Tattoo Studio pride ourselves on the flawless reputation of our shop. We have passed all Dufferin/Wellington Health inspections, and maintain an above industry standard level of cleanliness and sterility. While extremely rare, there have been a few reported cases of minor allergic reactions to the ink used in the tattoo process. If you are susceptible to skin irritations, are taking any prescription medications, or are currently/may be pregnant, we recommend you consult with your doctor prior to getting tattooed. Detailed information on the products we use and our sterilization procedures are available upon request.
Do you do Touch-ups?
- Because tattoos are on living bodies and bodies are diverse, sometimes a lines, colours will fade or come out in the healing process, If that situation arises we offer touch-up for a cost of $120 . the discretion of the artist is on a case by case basis and see in person at a followup 2 weeks after initial appointment. Touch-ups are EXCLUDED ( DON"T NOT HAPPEN) if the tattoo is located in a high traffic area such as HANDS, FEET, FACE, WRISTS. or HEAD. Touch-ups are not a fix for poor practices during the healing phase such as drinking picking, swimming, sun tanning, or fading due to lifestyle such as heavy duty work, excessive exposure to the elements and potential contaminants. Its also not an on-going service to keep your tattoo looking fresh.
What payment methods are provided?
- Within the studio the payment methods that are provided CASH/DEBIT/CREDIT/E-TRANSFERS . Payment by Credit Card not permitted unless otherwise specified by Sandy himself or session is longer then 3 hours.
Do you tip your tattoo Artist?
- This decision is entirely up to you (CLIENT). Typically clients will tip at the end of each session, Generally, they say to go in with the same mentality as when dinning at a restaurant, and to offer between 15%-30%. That said Sandy doesn't expect a tip from any clients, and if they do is very thankfull and humble.
Do I have to pay HST?
- Hst is already calculated in the hourly rate.